Canadian home sales rise in March
Ottawa, ON, April 15, 2013 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales edged upward on a month-over-month basis in March 2013 but stayed well below levels recorded one year ago.
• National home sales rose 2.4% from February to March.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 15.3% below levels in March 2012.
• The number of newly listed homes was up 3.2% from February to March.
• The Canadian housing market remains firmly in balanced territory.
• The national average sale price rose 2.5% on a year-over-year basis in March.
• The MLS® HPI rose 2.2% in March, its smallest gain in more than two years.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of real estate Boards and Associations and other co-operative listing systems in Canada rose 2.4 per cent on a month-over-month basis in March 2013.
For more information, please contact me