Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Jonathan J. Knight
Broker - Re/Max Clearview
O - 705 428 4500
P - 705 441 6839
F - 705 428 5951
Monday, October 15, 2012
Canadian home sales remain at lower levels in September
Ottawa, ON, October 15, 2012 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national resale housing activity rebounded slightly in September 2012, marking the first monthly increase since the spring.
• Home sales up 2.5% from August to September.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity down 15.1% from September 2011.
• Number of newly listed homes up 6.5% from August to September.
• Market remains firmly in balanced territory, but conditions have eased.
• National average home price up 1.1% on a year-over-year basis in September.
• The MLS® HPI rose 3.9% in September, its smallest gain since May 2011.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of real estate Boards and Associations in Canada rose 2.5 per cent on a month-over-month basis in September 2012. This marks the first monthly gain in activity since March 2012 and a partial recovery from the 6.2 per cent drop recorded in August in the wake of new mortgage rules.